On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 11:08 +0200, Clinton Gormley wrote:
> I am trying to configure virtual hosts dynamically in mod_perl2.

I figured out what I was doing wrong, so I thought I'd document it,
because it took me so long to figure out.

According to
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod...amevirtualhost , "The
NameVirtualHost directive is a required directive if you want to
configure name-based virtual hosts."

I am specifying IP-based virtual hosts and so thought that a
NameVirtualHost directive was not required. But it didn't work.

When I added the NameVirtualHost directive, it all worked swimmingly.

So, to dynamically configure virtual hosts, you can do as follows:

In httpd.conf:
----------------------
PerlConfigRequire "conf/startup.pl"
----------------------

In conf/startup.pl:
----------------------
use Apache2::ServerUtil();

my $config = '';
foreach my $site (@sites) {
$config.= = < NameVirtualHost $site->{ip}:80
{ip}:80>
ServerName $site->{name}
# Other config details

CONFIG

my $server = Apache2::ServerUtil->server;
$server->add_config([split /\n/, config]);

hope this saves somebody else some pain

clint