Hi,

I would like to set up dynamic proxy server names in httpd.conf in
an Apache/2.2.2 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20051231/2.5.7 mod_perl/2.0.2
Perl/v5.8.8 on Red Hat  2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP
environment.

By this I mean, I have front end servers: F1 and F2, and middle-tier
servers M1 and M2. I would like F1 to proxy to M1 and F2 to proxy to M2.
I would like to have a small piece of code do this, rather than having
unique httpd.conf files for each F# server. This may not be a pure load
balanced solution like a load balancer solution, but would like to be
able to do this in code/setup for now.

NOT:

Don't want to do this on F1, httpd.conf:

ProxyPass /users/
http://M1/users

and NOT:

Don't want to do this on F2, httpd.conf:

ProxyPass /users/
http://M2/users

Want THIS:

Want Something like this that would be in httpd.conf in both F1 and
F2

ProxyPass /users/
http://$server/users

Sorry for the newbie type question. Not sure where to look. Didn't
see anything in any of the mod-perl books, nor anything online in google
searches, unless I missed something.

Thanks as always,

Tom