I realized this was kind of a lame response I wrote anyway.

I think the issue is that CPAN puts them in
/usr/something/perl/5.8.x where that's your perl version. So if
you upgraded, maybe it did not have the old version directories
in @INC, only the new one. Looks like webmin figured it out.

Glad you got it working!

Mark