From: Andre=20
To: modperl@perl.apache.org=20
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:42 PM
Subject: up2date mess continued: serious leakage!

Hello

Now the variables leak despite what I do.

Can you guys confirm if this script isn't supposed to leak? It's =
totally mad, confusing all usernames.

Thanks

Andr=E9

PS: it's a simple test.cgi wich I am calling with=20
test.cgi?username=3Djane=20
test.cgi?username=3Djack=20
test.cgi?username=3Dstacey
... and it keeps confusing all names.=20
I'm using 'local our's, so I think it shouldn't be leaking, and this =
is a problem at my mod_perl installation. So what could be causing this =
there? What do I do?

#!/usr/bin/perl -wT

use strict;
=20
use CGI;
=20
local our $q =3D new CGI;
local our $username =3D $q->param('username');

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
=20
defined $username and print "

Hello there, your username is =
$username
";
! defined $username and print "

[no username provided]
";

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C6BDA2.88061750

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

Folks

I had all back working only after I =
uninstalled=20
mod_perl and reinstalled it again.

I didn=B4t know how to uninstall, but I =
found a very=20
usefull uninstall menu at the 'others' tab at Webmin (the free control =
panel=20
software that comes with RHEL).

To reinstall it was pretty easy, =
following the=20
regular mod_perl installation.

And I've definatelly deactivated this =
damn up2date,=20
for this was just like a trojan horse for me!

Thanks for the replies =
everybody!

Andr=E9