On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Mark Hedges wrote:
> This happened to me when running up2date on rhel4 too.
>
> Had to re-install all CPAN modules.
>
> We used Apache2/Mod_perl2 compiled from source because the
> RedHate vendor lib distrib of Apache2/mod_perl1.99 and savagely
> hacked libraries suck eggs and serve no purpose other than to
> rope your organization into their platform.

You know, a big plus that I've enjoyed recently on FreeBSD is this:

August 9, 2006 8:21:49 PM EDT
From pgollucci@apache.org
[ANNOUNCE] libapreq2-2.08 Released

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:30:16 GMT
From FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Update: www/libapreq2 2.07 -> 2.08, portlint fixes, update pkg-plist

Before I even got a chance to download the libapreq update, Philip
ported it to freebsd too.

When you're stressed and overworked, you have no ****ing clue how
awesome that is.

FreeBSD is just too damn good.