On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Jonathan wrote:
> Your box is now running
> apache: httpd 2.0.52 28.ent i386
> perl: perl 5.8.5 36.RHEL4 i386
> i don't see any mod_perl port (httpd-perl /modperl/etc)
> my guess is that mod_perl was compiled from source, against the old perl and
> the old apache, because there is no mod_perl port in that list, and when you
> rebuild perl or apache, you have to rebuild mod_perl.
> you also likely changed perl versions-- which means your perl installation is
> likely ****ed up
> freebsd has an 'after upgrade' script for perl that migrates modules to the
> newly installed version. look to see if redhat has something similar.
> in either event,

This happened to me when running up2date on rhel4 too.

Had to re-install all CPAN modules.

We used Apache2/Mod_perl2 compiled from source because the
RedHate vendor lib distrib of Apache2/mod_perl1.99 and savagely
hacked libraries suck eggs and serve no purpose other than to
rope your organization into their platform.