On 31/07/2006, at 23:15, Michael Peters wrote:
> Are you saying that /xyz does exist in your document root? I've
> found that
> Apache won't work if you mix a virtual directory, real directory
> and path_info.
>
> This is because PATH_INFO is what ever is left over after url =>
> file name
> mapping. If there's no real file, then apache removes the
> value, else
> it removes the part that is a real file/directory.
>
> If you want a virtual directory, make sure that there are no real
> directories of
> the same name.

Sounds like I am experiencing this problem. Another way of explaining
this is using ScriptAlias - if I was using standard CGI I could do
this...

ScriptAlias /xyz/abc /usr/lib/cgi-bin/test-fm.pl

And now it will work perfectly. It does not matter if directories
exist or not.

e.g. http://www.myhost.com/xyz/abc/qqq/123

Now has PATH_INFO set to "/qqq/123". You can create in DocumentRoot
"xyz" and even "xyz/abc" and even "xyz/abc/qqq" and it still sets
PATH_INFO to "/qqq/123"

However this is not the case using "" which does make sense
but...

So another way of putting my question is - how do I use a Perl Module
instead of a ScriptAlias (CGI Script) and get the same results from
path_info.

Ta

Scott
--
* - * http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.