From: Frank Maas []
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 5:16 AM
Subject: RE: Can't use mysql stored procedures under mod_perl (although they
work directly from Perl)

> -------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
> 1. Problem Description:
> I'm trying to use stored procedures in a mysql database from within a perl
> script.
> A simple test script runs fine from a command-line perl interpreter, and
> runs fine
> when invoked via CGI.
> The same script always fails when run under mod_perl, receiving:
> ERROR: 1312 'PROCEDURE ceres_bt.create_inventory_lot can't return a result
> set in the given context'

Has someone replied to this? If so, sorry for this double post. If not: this
is not a mod_perl bug. It is caused by an imcompatibility between DBD::MySQL
(production branch) and new features in MySQL, see,...3934#msg-63934. As you can see
from, support for
resultsets from procedures is available through the development version