>> [Mon Jul 17 12:52:15 2006] [warn] The Alias directive in mod_perl at line 1 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

> The attached patch should address this problem. Let me know if it works and
> helps locating the source of that warning.

What the patch does get right is the filename where the error happens,
and this is already a great achievement -- Thanks much!

But sorry, no, it does not cut it for my tests: the line number
doesn't help me. Maybe there are examples where the line number
matches, but in my tests it didn't.

What we are usually doing is something like

$PerlConfig .= "Include ....\n"; # these files contain further Perl Sections
}

So for our special case we would need the line number of the string in
$PerlConfig. Others might use @PerlConfig and they would be interested
in the line number and the index of the element that has a problem.

--
andreas