--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

Hello,

I'm developing a mp2 module implementing functionality of the spamd
daemon from the SpamAssassin project. It has its own (HTTP-like)
protocol, so I'm using PerlProcessConnectionHandler.

I need to check user's ident (RFC 1413) and compare it with the User
header. Net::Ident proved to be utterly useless and I don't feel like
writing my own implementation... But, luckily, APR seems to have the
ap_get_remote_logname() function, interfaced to mod_perl and enabled
by Apache2::Access ($r->get_remote_logname()).

Can I access this functionality in PerlProcessConnectionHandler (and
maybe PerlPreConnectionHandler) somehow? How to get to $r?

Would be best if I could start the ident request in PreConnHandler and
retrieve result when I need it (while reading the headers).

Second thing: can I specify custom timeout for it somehow?

--=20
Rados=C5=82aw Zieli=C5=84ski

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--