> and mod_perl CGI:
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>> print "Content-type: text/plain\r\n\r\n";
>> print "mod_perl (1) rules!\n";

Is that the path to the SAME perl you compiled mod_perl with. Also, I didn't notice it earlier, but
you probably want mod_perl-1.29 instead of 1.25.
(Perl Environment from Apache::Status will tell you)

PerlRequire /usr/local/apache/perl/startup.pl
PerlModule Apache::Registry
Alias /perl/ /usr/local/apache/perl/

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options +ExecCGI
Allow from all
PerlSendHeader On

Take everything out of your httpd.conf config relating to mod_perl and start with the above.
Then add in the /modperl/ location. Then add in the mod_cgi (/cgi-bin/).

Double check and make sure you don't have mod_cgi competing for the /perl/ location via a stray ScriptAlias
or Location, etc...

Whats in the startup.pl ?

Also, up your httpd's LogLevel to 'debug'

Paste your access_log, error_log after trying this.

[Sorry, I mis-read the first post I though mod_cgi was not working.]

1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."