Hi, folks,

I need some mod_perl wisdom regarding the current
situation with inside-out classes.

I am trying to compare, in particular, the following two:

Class::Std
Object::InsideOut

I can see that O::I has advantages in

o thread safety
o (at least partial) foreign-inheritance support (the
ability to inherit from non-inside-out classes)
o speed (mainly due to array implementation of fields)
o complete mod_perl support

but I have some investment in Class::Std and I am
trying to figure out whether I will have to convert my
existing C::S CGI code to O::I for mod_perl compatibility.
Are there any show-stoppers with C::S?

I have seen some postings which declared Class::Std
mod_perl-incompatible. The ideas put forth included:

1) crucial sub initialize() is in a CHECK block
2) custom :attributes break under mod_perl
3) some concerns about DESTROY

I see that (1) may by now have been solved (is it?),
as initialize() is now called from within new(), too.

(2) seems to refer to :CUMULATIVE, :PRIVATE etc.
Suppose I do not use these. Should I be ok, then?
Are there any problems with the main :ATTR( ... )
facility?

How about (3) and other possible weaknesses?

I may need foreign-inheritance (inherit from CDBI)
and thread-safety (use fork() and port to Win).
Is C::S totally hopeless in these respects?

Thanks,

__aLi__