On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> Dave Rolsky wrote:
>> Apache::SizeLimit has a long-standing bug on Linux where it never actually
>> kills a child, because of Perl's caching of ppid info internally, and the
>> way this interacts with Apache's forking.
>>
>> See this thread for details:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_...TELSMANN.DE%3E

> You're saying that it always thinks it is in the main process even though
> it's actually in a child? I haven't seen this behavior. Is it specific to
> certain versions of Perl or Linux?

We saw this with Perl 5.8.4 on Ubuntu Hoary. I think it's specific to
Linux from reading the thread. My plan was to just use Linux::Pid on Linux
systems, because from my testing it's version of getppid does the right
thing.

-dave

VegGuide.Org www.BookIRead.com
Your guide to all that's veg. My book blog