Sorry for the top reply. I think this has become off
topic as I tested a separate Windows/IIS server and
still have the same problem where certain clients POST
forms are timing out. I can conclude it is not an
Apache/MP problem.

I did have the client test his machine by submitting a
file to another site, and it worked for them. So, the
problem does seem to still be at my end. Possibly a
networking problem (DLink DI-704UP router, MTU
settings, ISP blocking ???).

I did run a network trace using Ethereal. I found the
client's proxy was converting the POST data to
HTTP/1.0 (without the proxy I think I saw the same
client as HTTP/1.1). The client or proxy was chunking
the data, but I never received the first POST data
packet, only the second (of two).

My next step is to re-write the CGI form so data can
be submitted in small portions. Also, I guess I'll
have to buy another router to test that possibility.

Thanks for the feed-back. If anyone still has any
suggestions or experience with this, I'd love to hear
it.

Regards, Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com