hello

i've got a problem with connection to my database - db2.

i'm trying to esteblish it from a mod_perl module; every time i get an
error "null: DBI connect('my1st','iv',...) failed: Total Environment
allocation failure! Did you set up your DB2 client environment?"

i've searched the web and have carefully done what is suggested: set
enviromental variables in an apache config file, in the way like this:

PerlSetEnv DB2_PATH /opt/IBM/db2/
PerlPassEnv DB2_PATH

(i've also tried it with mod_env module and directives
SetEnv && PassEnv)

my module can see these variables appropriately in %ENV:

CUR_INSTNAME - db2inst1
DB2DIR - /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1
DB2INSTANCE - db2inst1
DB2_PATH - /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1
INSTHOME - /home/db2inst1
LD_LIBRARY_PATH - /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib
LIBPATH - /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib
SQLLIB - /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib

(i've listed them simply running "foreach my $key (sort keys %ENV) {
$r->print("$key - $ENV{$key}
");}" )

but it doesn't help: still no connection and the same error

any ideas will be highly appreciated
iv