--- Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 09:06 -0700, Thomas Hilbig
> wrote:
> > If I try to run the
> > environment under Mod_Perl (PerlResponseHandler
> > ModPerl::Registry), the httpd process consumes all

> CPU
> > and all memory when I visit the first CGI page

> that
> > uses DBI.

> [...]
> > The same problem occurs if I change my DBI connect

> > use a database on the other (production) system.

> > I am also using Apache:BI with a startup.pl

> script.
> > I don't see any Oracle connections established

> after
> > httpd startup, but the CPU/memory usage is normal

> and
> > I don't have any errors.

> How is that "the same problem"? Did you mean that
> the problem goes away
> when you connect to the other system's database?

What I mean is, the problem still exists on system #2
when I modify the script to access a database on
another system (system #1). So, it looks less and less
like an Oracle server problem.

> > The only
> > difference is (from some previous act of

> desparation)
> > I set the permissions on the production server to
> > all=rx for whole ORACLE_HOME tree. I am running

> the
> > httpd server as "Group dba" (same as my oracle

> files)
> > to test if it is a permissions problem.

> It certainly sounds like a permissions problem. Try
> becoming the user
> who you run the httpd as and see if you can access
> the .so file it
> wants.

I tried that and the script worked properly. I also
changed the httpd user to use oracle/dba, with the
same results.

http://mail.yahoo.com