Hi Tracy,

You're telling me that mod_perl is the binary you downloaded from the
mod_perl site... Could you be more precise? How can you confirm that it has
been compiled with the same compiler as the ActivePerl binary? That's likely
causing the problem you are describing.
I think that the best is really to install the modperl binary from the
ActiveState repository.

You can easily do that following these steps:
-go to a command prompt and type ppm => this launches the ppm tool
-type "rep add winnipeg2
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58" (without
the quotes)
-type "install mod_perl-2.2" and follow instructions from there. This will
give you a fresh mod_perl.so file, and you'll then load it in your
httpd.conf.

I hope this will be working.

Lionel.

"Tracy E Schreiber" a écrit dans le message de news:
e4b5q9$s67$1@sea.gmane.org...

"Tracy E Schreiber" wrote in message news:...

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for your response....

I have these lines in httpd.conf:

LoadFile "D:/Program Files/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

I have ActivePerl 5.8.8. The mod_perl.so I have is the the most recent
binary
available from the mod_perl site.

Tracy

"Lionel MARTIN" wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I don't think that's a question of path, as you are telling us that

you
> checked that, and that the file was there.
> Actually, I think this is a compilation problem, between mod_perl and

perl
> itself (Apache has nothing to do with that right now).
>
> I'm running under Windows as well, and I made extensive tests, to find

out
> which version of mod_perl.so is working with which version of

perl58.dll.
> (hoping that you didn't forget to load this latter one in your

httpd.conf,
> before mod_perl.so !)
>
> I suppose that, as a Win32 user, you're using the ActivePerl

distribution?
> If this is the case, then, I suggest that you use and install the

latest
> version of Perl (v5.8.8) with the latest version of mod_perl

(including
> among others mod_perl.so). You can use the ppm utility to check for

your
> versions and/or update accordingly.
>
> Lionel.

Apache
>>> 2.2.2 using mod_perl V2.0. This installation is on a Windows XP Pro

SP2
>>> machine. I get this error:

>> You mean V2.0 -- no 1.x version works with 2.x and vice verusa.
>>

>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 31 of D:/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
>>> Cannot load
>>> D:/Apache2.2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: The specified module

could
>>> not be
>>> found.

>> Permisions ?
>>

>>> The module is in the directory. Am I doing something wrong or is the
>>> module not compatible with Apache 2.2.2?

>> LoadModule perl_module libexec/apache22/mod_perl.so
>>
>> changing the paths appropriately of course.

>> Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@p6m7g8.com) 323.219.4708
>> Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.shtml
>> Senior Software Engineer - TicketMaster - http://ticketmaster.com
>> 1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F
>>
>> "It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like

someone,
>> and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget

someone..."