------=_Part_4577_14042298.1147365255939

Hi Michael,

I agree with your point of view, as a matter of fact it is necessary to mak=
implicit references in httpd.conf for every usable directory, unfortunately
I'm a bit locked to that type of structure, I'd surely prefer to move down
the app directory as you sad.

I have come across to the following:

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options +ExecCGI

SetHandler default

In this way, for the same app. I'd have a little degree of freedom inside
the resources dir.

Thanks a lot!

Fabian.
On 5/11/06, Michael Peters wrote:

> Fabi=E1n R. Breschi wrote:
> > I'd need a certain degree of flexibility, for example a directory
> > structure to hold my files like this:

> You can use something like this (using apache/mp 1)
>
> > /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test... <<< executables

> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>

> > /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images... <<< images

> SetHandler default
>

> > /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs ... <<< misc

> SetHandler default
>

> > ...and so on.

> I personally don't like this approach to organizing since it means you
> have to
> list out all of the stuff that should work normally. I prefer to move my
> application a directory down. Something like this:
>

> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>

> And then the rest of the stuff should work normally.
>
> --
> Michael Peters
> Developer
> Plus Three, LP

------=_Part_4577_14042298.1147365255939

Hi Michael,

I agree with your point of view, as a matter of fact it is necessary t=
o make implicit references in httpd.conf for every usable directory, unfort=
unately I'm a bit locked to that type of structure, I'd surely prefer to mo=
ve down the app directory as you sad.

I have come across to the following:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test>
 SetHandler p=
erl-script
 PerlHandler Apache::Registry
 Options +ExecCGI<=
br></Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/ccs/test/resources/*>
&nbs=
p;SetHandler default
</Directory>

In this way, for the same app. I'd have a little degree of freedom insid=
e the resources dir.

Thanks a lot!

Fabian.

On 5/11/06, =
Michael Peters
<mpeters@plu=
sthree.com
> wrote:

px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">

Fabi=E1n R. Breschi wrot=
e:
> I'd need a certain degree of flexibility, for example a director=

> structure to hold my files like this:

You can use something=
like this (using apache/mp 1)

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test..=
.. <<< executables

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/t=
est>

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
</Director=
y>

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images... <<< ima=
ges

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images>
SetHa=
ndler default

</Directory>

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs ... =
<<< misc

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs&=
gt;
SetHandler default
</Directory>

> ...and so on.

I personally don't like this approach to organizing since it means =
you have to
list out all of the stuff that should work normally. I prefe=
r to move my
application a directory down. Something like this:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/app>