I'm intrigued by Pound as I've never heard of it. I have been looking
heavily at using Apache 2.2 for this same purpose but pound seems elegantly
simple in it's approach. The only drawback I can see is that the lack of
caching will cause dial-up users to stay connected to the backend servers
longer than necessary.

Anyone run pound in a live environment and have some success/failure
stories? I'd especially like to know how many unique users someone might
have been able to handle with pound on what hardware.

Regards,
KAM

> backend webserver (mod_perl1, mod_perl2, plain apache, mod_ruby,

whatever). You