--=__Part5D78420C.1__=

Unfortunately, direct access to the Oracle database is not possible as it =
is off-site. All I have to work with are the 8 DBF files and DBI.pm.
=20
~m

On 5/1/06 11:00 AM, "Mark Galbreath" wrote:

> Our Oracle team exports 8 DBF files to a local directory. Is it =

possible to
> use perl to query these tablespace files directly? Using perl, how =

would I
> get them into a MySQL database? Do I need anything besides DBI.pm?

I think there are several modules to read DBF files, but is there no way =
access the Oracle DB directly? You could then simply use DBI to query =
from
Oracle and insert into Mysql. A 10-line script would more than suffice =
for
doing this. In fact, there is even DBIx::Copy that will automate parts of
this for you.

Sean

--=__Part5D78420C.1__=

Unfortunately, direct access to the Oracle database is not possible =
as it is off-site.  All I have to work with are the 8 DBF files and =
DBI.pm.

~m

>>> Sean Davis ov> 01-May-06 11:25:13 AM >>">sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> 01-May-06 11:25:13 =
AM >>

On 5/1/06 11:00 AM, "Mark Galbreath" <GalbreathM@gao.=
gov> wrote:

> Our Oracle team exports 8 DBF files to a local =
directory.  Is it possible to
> use perl to query these =
tablespace files directly?  Using perl, how would I
> get them =
into a MySQL database?  Do I need anything besides DBI.pm?

I =
think there are several modules to read DBF files, but is there no way =
access the Oracle DB directly?  You could then simply use DBI =
to query from
Oracle and insert into Mysql.  A 10-line script =
would more than suffice for
doing this.  In fact, there is even =
DBIx::Copy that will automate parts of
this for you.