Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> I'd like to flag whether my app is running on dev or prod with a
> variable that's in httpd.conf
> ( right now i manually toggle a var in a config file, and its driving
> me nuts )

Maybe you should consider automating the toggling as part of your
build-release script? My config file gets updated or toggled based on
the release type. For instance when I make a release to my testing area
I run:

$ make_build.pl --version 1.4 --type test ## The release script toggles
my config file parameter to test.

The same when releasing-building to production

$ make_build.pl --version 1.4 --type prod ## The release script toggles
my config file parameter to prod.