>> This object does some basic things for generating XML, hence the
>> content_type. This, again, works fine. Now the problem - if an
>> unexisting action for this "XML subclass" is requested, the AUTOLOAD
>> kicks in. The AUTOLOAD sets the content-type back to HTML
>> ($r->content_type('text/html')) but this is completely ignored...

Solved my own problem, but thought sharing would be good... Apparently =
it was not the content_type call that was ignored. What happens is that =
Apache does an add_output_filter_by_type on each call to =
ap_set_content_type (which is the Apache equivalent of =
$r->content_type). Output filters are however never removed... So if you =
have (like I did) an output filter for a specific type then this =
happens:

$r->content_type('my/type'); # content_type set AND output filter =
added
$r->content_type('text/html'); # content_type changed, output filter =
REMAINS

I don't know if this behaviour is as one would expect and it certainly =
is not a discussion for this list (as it is standard Apache behaviour) =
but worth to know...

Thanks Frank W. for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
Frank M.