Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
> I think to be a cross-platform MP2 developer, it is important to have
> a good feel of the underlying OS. I don't know what problems RA Jones
> had hit, but my suspicion is that most of them are os-centric, rather
> than implementation-centric. Good knowledge of the OS should help. No
> offence intended Jones.

Yes without doubt it was the former. Just setting the system up to even
run the first basic perl app has been a deeply frustrating experience.
And no offence taken as you are quite correct - my point was in response
to Lionel to illustrate the painful experience in gaining enough
knowledge of the OS to conduct such a setup, and to indicate that there
are those who run Apache2/MP2 on Win32 by choice, given a 'free' choice
of the two OS.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you
for your co-operation.