On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 20:15 +0200, Tom Schindl wrote:
> In my thinking you only have to teach DBD::* to use mod_dbd/apr_dbd to
> fetch the database connection instead of opening one itself.

These typically use the C libraries provided by database vendors. I
doubt most of them support a feature like getting a socket somewhere
else and treating it like it's a database connection they opened. It
would at least mean doing custom C coding in every DBD you want to
support, and may not even be possible with the vendor APIs. Making a
DBD::mod_dbd is likely to be easier, IMO.

Of course I've never written a DBD module myself, and the people who
would really know are the ones on the DBI list.

- Perrin