--------------enigD10EE25466DCFE72A49C7668

Joachim Zobel wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:17:47 +0200
> Tom Schindl wrote:
>

>>The better approach seems to me using mod_dbd which has the draw back
>>that it is only available on apache-2.2 at least for mysql it looks
>>like it's not rocket science to get it working.

> AFAIK this has not yet been DBIfied and the interface is not yet as
> rich as the one provided by DBI.
>
> One severe limitation is at the moment that you can have only one pool
> per apache. So having 3 db handles is not an option, at least if they
> access the db as different users.
>
> Of course a db interface provided by apache is a very promising
> approach.
>
> Sincerely,
> Joachim

Hi, I don't think you need to DBIfy this. In my thinking you only use
the framework to pool the connection. The connection pointer fetched is
fed into DBD::MySQL, all this is happing on the C-level and you don't
even know that mod_dbd/apr_dbd have been involved.

In my thinking you only have to teach DBD::* to use mod_dbd/apr_dbd to
fetch the database connection instead of opening one itself.

Tom