Adrian Diezig wrote:
> I want to install mod_perl on a Sun-Fire-V240 solaris machine with Solaris
> 5.9 installed.
> Perl 5.8.7 and Apache 2.2.0 are already installed.
> I have also installed the fallowing solaris packages:
> apr-1.2.2
> aprutil-1.2.2
> expat
> libiconv
> gdbm
> db-4.2.52.NC
> openssl-0.9.8a
> gcc-3.3.2
> make
> After that I downloaded mod_perl
> ( and started with the
> mod_perl Installation:

Since apache 2.x requires apr and apr-util to be installed, you've now installed
another copy of them. The perl Makefile.PL is finding the apr-1-config and
apu-1-config from these new ones (they are in your path BEFORE the ones that
came with apache). -- thus the -I include paths are wrong.

Philip M. Gollucci ( 323.219.4708
Consultant /
Senior Software Engineer - TicketMaster -
1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F