Modifying the hard disk driver - Minix

This is a discussion on Modifying the hard disk driver - Minix ; Hi all. I need to reprogram the hard disk driver so that instead of serving requests in a FCFS fashion, it will use the elevator algorithm. It's quite an easy task, I already have an idea where I need to ...

  1. Modifying the hard disk driver

    Hi all.

    I need to reprogram the hard disk driver so that instead of serving requests in a FCFS fashion, it will use the elevator algorithm. It's quite an easy task, I already have an idea where I need to make this modification, only I'm not sure how to run the modified driver.

    Just to get a feeling how everything works, I would like to see some messages printed from the modified driver and therefore I added some printfs here and there. However, I'm not sure where to put the compiled driver so that it would be loaded. Do I have to recompile the kernel each time or can I just use the makefile of the at_wini driver?

    Muito obrigado.

  2. Re: Modifying the hard disk driver

    Oh Oh!
    I use this Disk Password Protection and I also got same message and I just formatted,actually installed whole new os but luckly I didn't have importanat data on my hard disk.
    you can try install new os on C/ drive perhapes you can access E:/ drive.

  3. Re: Modifying the hard disk driver

    [QUOTE=zombich;1721505]Hi all.

    I need to reprogram the hard disk driver so that instead of serving requests in a FCFS fashion, it will use the elevator algorithm. It's quite an easy task, I already have an idea where I need to make this modification, only I'm not sure how to run the modified driver.

    Just to get a feeling how everything works, I would like to see some messages printed from the modified driver and therefore I added some printfs here and there. However, I'm not sure where to put the compiled driver so that it would be loaded. Do I have to recompile the kernel each time or can I just use the makefile of the at_wini driver?

+ Reply to Thread