minix on beagleboard - Minix

This is a discussion on minix on beagleboard - Minix ; Hi guys, Is anyone working on having minix run in the beagleboard? (http:// beagleboard.org) . The board has an ARM Cortex-A8 from Texas Instruments, it is a very powerful small motherboard and minix would be a great fit for embedded ...

  1. minix on beagleboard

    Hi guys,

    Is anyone working on having minix run in the beagleboard? (http://
    beagleboard.org) . The board has an ARM Cortex-A8 from Texas
    Instruments, it is a very powerful small motherboard and minix would
    be a great fit for embedded applications.

    Thanks,

    Mauro

  2. Re: minix on beagleboard

    villarroel.mauricio@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi guys,

    > Is anyone working on having minix run in the beagleboard? (http://
    > beagleboard.org) . The board has an ARM Cortex-A8 from Texas
    > Instruments, it is a very powerful small motherboard and minix would
    > be a great fit for embedded applications.

    There have been several attempts at an ARM port, but I'm not sure if one
    of them ever made it to a release. As long as that's not finished,
    targeting specific motherboards is probably a long way off...

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean

  3. Re: minix on beagleboard

    Hi Mauro

    I've been working with two partners in a port to Beagleboard, using free source tools, but we have to change our board target because that tools were on a development stage. Now we're working with Integrator CP on qemu

+ Reply to Thread