ssh - Minix

This is a discussion on ssh - Minix ; Hi, i'm trying to transfer files between minix in vmware and linux host pc. When i use scp or rsync its still hang out. Anyone has any idea where should be problem? Whats problem with openssh in minix? or how ...

  1. ssh

    Hi,

    i'm trying to transfer files between minix in vmware and linux host
    pc. When i use scp or rsync its still hang out. Anyone has any idea
    where should be problem? Whats problem with openssh in minix? or how
    make a easy and confortable file transfer between this two OS.

    Thanks

  2. Re: ssh

    > i'm trying to transfer files between minix in vmware and linux host
    > pc. When i use scp or rsync its still hang out. Anyone has any idea
    > where should be problem? Whats problem with openssh in minix? or how
    > make a easy and confortable file transfer between this two OS.

    Plain old FTP does the job very well. Just create /etc/rc.daemons with
    the proper line to start the FTP server and reboot (see /etc/
    rc.daemons.dist for an example).

  3. Re: ssh

    amdcode@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm trying to transfer files between minix in vmware and linux host
    > pc. When i use scp or rsync its still hang out. Anyone has any idea
    > where should be problem? Whats problem with openssh in minix? or how
    > make a easy and confortable file transfer between this two OS.

    If it works as root but not as a user, in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, try set:

    UsePrivilegeSeparation no

    Hurd has that bug. Don't know about minix.

  4. Re: ssh

    "Erik van der Kouwe" wrote...

    >> I'm trying to transfer files between Minix in VMware and linux host
    >> PC. When I use scp or rsync, it still hangs out. Anyone have any idea
    >> where should be problem? What's problem with openssh in Minix? Or, how
    >> make an easy and confortable file-transfer between these two OSes.

    > Plain old FTP does the job very well. Just create "/etc/rc.daemons" with
    > the proper line, to start the FTP server; and, reboot (see
    > "/etc/rc.daemons.dist"
    > for an example).

    Also, read Minix's

    man ftpd