Booting Minix in WinXP,No Floppy Drive - Minix

This is a discussion on Booting Minix in WinXP,No Floppy Drive - Minix ; Friends, Plz help me in this problem,my lap is made of intel celeron M with Ram on 1024 and hdd of 40 gb hw can i boot my system,for both minix,and windows??...

  1. Booting Minix in WinXP,No Floppy Drive

    Friends,
    Plz help me in this problem,my lap is made of intel celeron M with Ram
    on 1024 and hdd of 40 gb
    hw can i boot my system,for both minix,and windows??

  2. Re: Booting Minix in WinXP,No Floppy Drive

    Binu Mathew wrote:
    > Friends,
    > Plz help me in this problem,my lap is made of intel celeron M with Ram
    > on 1024 and hdd of 40 gb
    > hw can i boot my system,for both minix,and windows??

    - get a partition manager, shrink your windows XP partition so you have
    room for Minix
    - download a Minx C image from www.minix3.org, burn it to a CD, boot from
    it
    - install Minix 3
    - install grub from someplace to allow you to boot Minix and WinXP (search
    Google for this)

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean

  3. Re: Booting Minix in WinXP,No Floppy Drive

    You need to be install smart boot loader on MBR.

    Test it http://gag.sourceforge.net/index.html and will talk about
    it

+ Reply to Thread