I want to contribute - Minix

This is a discussion on I want to contribute - Minix ; Hello devs, I am new to the Minix team. I have been studying about minix kernel since last couple of months. I am feeling like I can now contribute to Minix. To start with, I will port some program and ...

  1. I want to contribute

    Hello devs,

    I am new to the Minix team. I have been studying about minix kernel
    since last couple of months. I am feeling like I can now contribute to
    Minix.

    To start with, I will port some program and driver to Minix. Please
    suggest which program or driver should I port? I mean, pleasse suggest
    me one which is important and yet no one is working on it . Is there
    any jvm for Minix?

    Thanks,
    I am waiting for replies.

    Siddharth
    http://spsneo.com

  2. Re: I want to contribute

    hi Siddharth,

    Thanks.... for your mindset. i am also mew to MINIX community.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....81b792f04cb30b

    - here i have publish a proposal for re development of minix. please
    have a look on this. probably.......... here it is - which you are
    looking forward...... and post your valuable comments.

    Best Regards
    ~Avijit

  3. Re: I want to contribute

    @Siddharth Prakash Singh

    Hello,

    I am looking for someone top port Povray 3.6 (http://www.povray.org)
    to Minix. Because the lack of important " C++ /configure /make"
    knowledge I am not really able to do this myself.
    The goal is to build a dedicated machine That runs:

    Minix3
    HTTP or Telnet server
    Povray

    to send text files to this machine (Pov.files) , that will process
    them and send images back.
    a povray server so to say.

    Beacuse povray performs better with less OS-overhead I think Minix
    would be an excellent choice to gouvern this kind of operations.
    Povray is a linux proram and based on static code (no dependecies) and
    does nothing else than pure math calculations.

    Sounds nice?

    Greetings Caspar

  4. Re: I want to contribute

    That would be great. I currently run povray on Ubuntu 8.04 wich works
    fine, maybey you could do some studies on linux first?
    There is also A LOT OF documentation and a very big FORUM on:
    http://www.povray.org/

    There is also an install script in the povray code you can download,
    but don't ask me about any detauils about that!

+ Reply to Thread