Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX - Minix

This is a discussion on Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX - Minix ; hi there.... i would like to repesent my proposal to all the user of the MINIX user group around the world. My MINIX Re Development Proposal is - 1. Improve Minix GUI server with a light weight GUI Server. 2. ...

  1. Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    hi there....

    i would like to repesent my proposal to all the user of the MINIX user
    group around the world.

    My MINIX Re Development Proposal is -

    1. Improve Minix GUI server with a light weight GUI Server.
    2. Complete GUI based Installation process.
    3. Integrate a Virtualization Solution to MINIX
    4. GUI based Enhanced Netwoking Environment.
    5. Pre Installed Programming Language and compiler like -PHP,
    Python etc...
    6. Porting new software to MINIX - Including a Proper Software
    Porting Guide.
    7. Development of new Productivity Suite, Office suite, E mail
    client, Chat Client.
    8. Centralized Server/ Daemon / Service management (GUI based).
    9. Integrated Development Environment (GUI Based) for Programming
    10. Finally, a Graphical File Manager and Resource Manager.

    I have missed out so many vital issues. I am expecting Total Support
    For MINIX UserGroup.
    Please Post Your Valuable Comment on This Group. Your Comment can
    Start This Project.

    Also, Please Post comment with respective area of contribution and
    contact information.
    Any idea, contribution appreciated - because i believe we can improve
    MINIX with a Complete Range Of Productivity which pulled out MINIX
    from University campus to Industry.

    Thanks In Advance
    Best Regards
    ~Avijit

  2. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    On Oct 17, 6:03*am, Avijit wrote:
    > hi there....
    >
    > i would like to repesent my proposal to all the user of the MINIX user
    > group around the world.
    >
    > My MINIX Re Development Proposal is -
    >
    > * *1. Improve Minix GUI server with a light weight GUI Server.
    > * *2. Complete GUI based Installation process.
    > * *3. Integrate a Virtualization Solution to MINIX
    > * *4. GUI based Enhanced Netwoking Environment.
    > * *5. Pre Installed Programming Language and compiler like -PHP,
    > Python etc...
    > * *6. Porting new software to MINIX - Including a Proper Software
    > Porting Guide.
    > * *7. Development of new Productivity Suite, Office suite, E mail
    > client, Chat Client.
    > * *8. Centralized Server/ Daemon / Service management (GUI based).
    > * *9. Integrated Development Environment (GUI Based) for Programming
    > * 10. *Finally, a Graphical File Manager and Resource Manager.
    >
    > I have missed out so many vital issues. I am expecting Total Support
    > For MINIX UserGroup.
    > Please Post Your Valuable Comment on This Group. Your Comment can
    > Start This Project.
    >
    > Also, Please Post comment with respective area of contribution and
    > contact information.
    > Any idea, contribution appreciated - because i believe we can improve
    > MINIX with a Complete Range Of Productivity which pulled out MINIX
    > from University campus to Industry.
    >
    > Thanks In Advance
    > Best Regards
    > ~Avijit

    Good Idea, I personally dont use minix as my main operating
    system(just as something to tweak around with) becouse of 1. No office
    software(Email, word processing etc.).

  3. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    I think this is very good point !!!

    1. Improve Minix GUI server with a light weight GUI Server.

    Xorg is not good for small mikrokernel OS like Minix3 is. They needs
    some small and minix-mikrokernel-server like graphics gui server
    something like not function FWE in linux.

    http://home.comcast.net/~fbui/fwe.html
    http://home.comcast.net/~fbui/

    X11 is too big and wants more memory.. and i think is not so cute then
    true microkernel gui server

  4. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    On 17. Okt, 14:50 h., hamilton...@encompasserve.org wrote:
    > On Oct 17, 6:03*am, Avijit wrote:
    >

    > > hi there....

    > > i would like to repesent my proposal to all the user of the MINIX user
    > > group around the world.

    > > My MINIX Re Development Proposal is -

    > > * *1. Improve Minix GUI server with a light weight GUI Server.
    > > * *2. Complete GUI based Installation process.
    > > * *3. Integrate a Virtualization Solution to MINIX
    > > * *4. GUI based Enhanced Netwoking Environment.
    > > * *5. Pre Installed Programming Language and compiler like -PHP,
    > > Python etc...
    > > * *6. Porting new software to MINIX - Including a Proper Software
    > > Porting Guide.
    > > * *7. Development of new Productivity Suite, Office suite, E mail
    > > client, Chat Client.
    > > * *8. Centralized Server/ Daemon / Service management (GUI based).
    > > * *9. Integrated Development Environment (GUI Based) for Programming
    > > * 10. *Finally, a Graphical File Manager and Resource Manager.

    > > I have missed out so many vital issues. I am expecting Total Support
    > > For MINIX UserGroup.
    > > Please Post Your Valuable Comment on This Group. Your Comment can
    > > Start This Project.

    > > Also, Please Post comment with respective area of contribution and
    > > contact information.
    > > Any idea, contribution appreciated - because i believe we can improve
    > > MINIX with a Complete Range Of Productivity which pulled out MINIX
    > > from University campus to Industry.

    > > Thanks In Advance
    > > Best Regards
    > > ~Avijit

    > Good Idea, I personally dont use minix as my main operating
    > system(just as something to tweak around with) becouse of 1. No office
    > software(Email, word processing etc.).

  5. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    @lukves thanks for your reference. before few months ago, when i am
    looking for a lightweight desktop for MINIX - that time i have found
    EDE Desktop Environment. Please Have a Look On This -

    http://equinox-project.org/page

    Waiting for Reply

    ~Avijit

  6. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    Hi Avijit,
    One thing I am doing is trying to build Minix using gcc/nasm on a non-
    Minix platform - Linux.
    The main reason I am doing this is to boost Minix's consumption by the
    dev community. You can check out the source here -
    svn checkout http://powerpack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ powerpack-read-
    only
    Please do let me know your comments.
    Regards,
    Kashyap

  7. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    hi Kashyap

    Thanks for your message. i also appreciate your effort - Great work.
    But What is your actual Goal ? do you want to give the cross platform
    compatibility to MINIX ? or something else ? if so then i think you
    have to crowl the previous postings regarding this subject.

    Best Regards.
    ~Avijit

  8. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    I would like to work on complete GUI installation.
    But I need some help to start with .
    My email id is spsneo@gmail.com

  9. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    Dear,

    Siddharth thanks for your contribution. Please suggest us -

    1. What kind of tool / software / programming
    language you would like to use on the development process of MINIX GUI
    Based Installation Process ?

    2. Do you have any plan regarding development ?
    if so please share with us.

    3. Finally, can i communicate with you via chat ?
    (Of course if you dont have any problem ) .....

    Thanks in Advance
    ~Avijit

  10. Re: Proposal For Re Development Of MINIX

    Dear,

    Siddharth ..... Still i think there is no Porting JAVA on MINIX. You
    already post your wish to Port JVM In MINIX. Very Good Idea.
    It is a better idea to develop some software for MINIX with JAVA. Hope
    You can Contribute.

    Do you Have any plan to Port The GUI Installation process in Java
    Based GUI (i mean Swing or Something Like That ?)

    Best Regards
    ~Avijit

+ Reply to Thread