    I got the minix boot screen asking for the option : regular minix or
    small minix

    I entered 1 for regular minix. Then it loaded the boot image image.
    After that it stopped. Freeze !
    Nothing is happening now.

    What to do ??
    Please help !

  2. Re: minix on qemu over ubuntu

    On 2008-10-01, Siddharth Prakash Singh wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am new to minix. I was trying to install minix on qemu over ubuntu.
    > I got the minix boot screen asking for the option : regular minix or
    > small minix
    >
    > I entered 1 for regular minix. Then it loaded the boot image image.
    > After that it stopped. Freeze !
    > Nothing is happening now.
    >
    > What to do ??
    > Please help !

    You used Google Groups interface to Usenet to post this, you might
    also consider Google's search engine.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=qemu+minix+hang

    Guess what the very first hit is?

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mu/+bug/195166

    slrn score rule changed back to -9999 from -99.

    --
    email: echo "sbs@sbsrearg.pbz" | sed 's/s/o/g' | rot13
    All posts from Google Groups are auto-killed.

  3. Re: minix on qemu over ubuntu

    Bob Cortopassi wrote:
    > You used Google Groups interface to Usenet to post this, you might
    > also consider Google's search engine.

    > http://www.google.com/search?q=qemu+minix+hang

    > Guess what the very first hit is?

    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mu/+bug/195166

    > slrn score rule changed back to -9999 from -99.

    The article you provided does not give a solution, while there is one.

    You can also use Google Groups search to search this group for "qemu".
    There's some articles detailing problems and fixes of Minix on QEMU.
    Bottom line: enter the boot monitor by pressing ESC at the "select MINIX
    version screen", type "qemu_pci=1; save; boot" and you should be in
    business.

    Regards,

    Jens

    --
    Jens de Smit
    -- Stewart Dean

  4. Re: minix on qemu over ubuntu

    On Oct 2, 1:17*pm, "J.F. de Smit" wrote:
    > Bob Cortopassi wrote:
    > > You used Google Groups interface to Usenet to post this, you might
    > > also consider Google's search engine.
    > >http://www.google.com/search?q=qemu+minix+hang
    > > Guess what the very first hit is?
    > >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mu/+bug/195166
    > > slrn score rule changed back to -9999 from -99.

    > The article you provided does not give a solution, while there is one.
    >
    > You can also use Google Groups search to search this group for "qemu".
    > There's some articles detailing problems and fixes of Minix on QEMU.
    > Bottom line: enter the boot monitor by pressing ESC at the "select MINIX
    > version screen", type "qemu_pci=1; save; boot" and you should be in
    > business.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jens
    >
    > --
    > Jens de Smit
    > Student Computer Science | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
    > jfds...@few.vu.nl |http://www.few.vu.nl/~jfdsmit
    > "[In the end, people] get furious at IT that the goddamn magic isn't working"
    > -- Stewart Dean

    You can read the small howto I have written about using qemu with TAP
    networking and Intel VT.
    http://wathsalav.blogspot.com/2008/0...h-kvm-and.html

  5. Re: minix on qemu over ubuntu

    On Oct 2, 1:17*pm, "J.F. de Smit" wrote:
    > Bob Cortopassi wrote:
    > > You used Google Groups interface to Usenet to post this, you might
    > > also consider Google's search engine.
    > >http://www.google.com/search?q=qemu+minix+hang
    > > Guess what the very first hit is?
    > >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mu/+bug/195166
    > > slrn score rule changed back to -9999 from -99.

    > The article you provided does not give a solution, while there is one.
    >
    > You can also use Google Groups search to search this group for "qemu".
    > There's some articles detailing problems and fixes of Minix on QEMU.
    > Bottom line: enter the boot monitor by pressing ESC at the "select MINIX
    > version screen", type "qemu_pci=1; save; boot" and you should be in
    > business.

    This didn't help me !

    > Regards,
    >
    > Jens
    >
    > --
    > Jens de Smit
    > Student Computer Science | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
    > jfds...@few.vu.nl |http://www.few.vu.nl/~jfdsmit
    > "[In the end, people] get furious at IT that the goddamn magic isn't working"
    > -- Stewart Dean

+ Reply to Thread