Kernel call - Minix

This is a discussion on Kernel call - Minix ; Hi All, I have been searching over the internet on how I will be able to add kernel call to MINIX 3, but i can not find anything. Any help on how to add a kernel call, or where I ...

  1. Kernel call

    Hi All,
    I have been searching over the internet on how I will be able to add
    kernel call to MINIX 3, but i can not find anything.
    Any help on how to add a kernel call, or where I can find some
    documentations. I have the 3rd version of his book but it does not
    mention anything about that.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Kernel call

    abidz05@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I have been searching over the internet on how I will be able to add
    > kernel call to MINIX 3, but i can not find anything.
    > Any help on how to add a kernel call, or where I can find some
    > documentations. I have the 3rd version of his book but it does not
    > mention anything about that.
    > Thanks

    the full source code for minix is in the book -at the back. look at the
    code for all the 50+ system call and you will probably figure that 1
    call cant be simply added. from what i see, calls seems to be
    inter-related in implementation.
    e.g fork related to wait, exec etc.
    there no simple way of addidng a call unless you know how it will affect
    others and you can change the source for them.

  3. Re: Kernel call

    abid...@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I have been searching over the internet on how I will be able to add
    > kernel call to MINIX 3, but i can not find anything.
    > Any help on how to add a kernel call, or where I can find some
    > documentations. I have the 3rd version of his book but it does not
    > mention anything about that.
    > Thanks

    Hi,
    trying the same