Trying to run Minix on Vmware, asked for login and pw...!? - Minix

This is a discussion on Trying to run Minix on Vmware, asked for login and pw...!? - Minix ; I have downloaded and installed Vmware 2.5 successfully. I boot the vmware-minix-ms-dos-file-disk-thingie and it boots minix. I am then asked for login and password to 145-116-229-112.uilenstade.casema.nl How do I get a login and password and what is it for? My ...

  1. Trying to run Minix on Vmware, asked for login and pw...!?

    I have downloaded and installed Vmware 2.5 successfully.
    I boot the vmware-minix-ms-dos-file-disk-thingie and it boots minix.

    I am then asked for login and password to
    145-116-229-112.uilenstade.casema.nl

    How do I get a login and password and what is it for? My private Minix
    login or am I logging on to something else?

  2. Re: Trying to run Minix on Vmware, asked for login and pw...!?

    On Sep 27, 10:44*pm, process wrote:
    > How do I get a login and password and what is it for? My private Minix
    > login or am I logging on to something else?

    Try user: root and a blank password. It should work.

+ Reply to Thread