Adding system call - Minix

This is a discussion on Adding system call - Minix ; Hi All, I have been reading about adding system call to the MINIX 3 OS. In proc.h I have placed an array (Array_1)of 2 deminsions and I'm using proc.c to fill that array with data. Now I'm trying to add ...

  1. Adding system call

    Hi All,
    I have been reading about adding system call to the MINIX 3 OS. In
    proc.h I have placed an array (Array_1)of 2 deminsions
    and I'm using proc.c to fill that array with data. Now I'm trying to
    add system call that will access that array. Can you tell me where I
    need to place that system call (which server), and how I will pass an
    array (user_array) during the system call so I can copy array_1 to
    user_array?
    Thanks,

  2. Re: Adding system call

    To pass the array you need to use the function "sysvircopy". (Or some
    thing like that)
    Remember that the user should make a malloc(array_size).
    You don't have to place the call in any server, search for "How to add
    a Kernel call in minix 3".

    Bye!
    PD: Sorry for my bad english.

+ Reply to Thread