booting linux from minix monitor - Minix

This is a discussion on booting linux from minix monitor - Minix ; Hi, I installed on the active partition minix 2.0 and its monitor. On another partition is a Linux distribution installed. I would like to be able to launch Linux from the monitor, but all I have when I launch it ...

  1. booting linux from minix monitor

    Hi,

    I installed on the active partition minix 2.0 and its monitor.
    On another partition is a Linux distribution installed.
    I would like to be able to launch Linux from the monitor, but all I
    have when I launch it is a black screen ....
    Any ideas ?

    Lionel.

  2. Re: booting linux from minix monitor

    miniLionel va escriure en
    > I installed on the active partition minix 2.0 and its monitor.
    > On another partition is a Linux distribution installed.
    > I would like to be able to launch Linux from the monitor, but all I
    > have when I launch it is a black screen ....

    I assume the black secreen is _after_ you gave the "Linux" command at the
    "boot" monitor prompt.

    Minix monitor does not include any "Linux loader" (in fact, no loader except
    for Minix). So you should "chain-load" to your Linux loader. To succeed,
    this Linux loader should be installed in the boot sector of the _Linux_
    volume (the one you indicate as a device to the boot monitor); so this
    restricts the choice to either Lilo or Grub, (and disqualifies LoadLinux or
    SysLinux) as bootloader.

    Antoine

+ Reply to Thread