Confusion about static ip address - Minix

This is a discussion on Confusion about static ip address - Minix ; How do you set a static network address to a minix single pc? I read from a website about 'minix -tips': 1. create /etc/rc.net. in it put ifconfig -I /dev/ip0 -n 255.255.255.0 -h 192.168.1.30 add_route -g 192.168.1.1 2. in /etc ...

  1. Confusion about static ip address

    How do you set a static network address to a minix single pc?
    I read from a website about 'minix -tips':

    1. create /etc/rc.net.
    in it put ifconfig -I /dev/ip0 -n 255.255.255.0 -h 192.168.1.30
    add_route -g 192.168.1.1

    2. in /etc put file resolv.conf and enter
    nameserver 192.168.1.1

    I did this and now my minix internet connection is totally ****ed. it
    worked before this with dhcp.

    I wanted to set a static address cause when i did not have it connected
    to the net and i wanted to start my computer, it would hang for a long
    time.
    Now after deleting all the unverified crap that i followed on this
    website - in particular rm /etc/rc.net & resolv.conf - the default
    behavoiur of minix startup is gone.
    dhcp - nonamed is 'unable to get ip address'.

    So now I cannot even connect to the net - WHICH I NEED TO DO TO GET gcc
    version 4.1.1

    Can i fix this without having to do a complete re-install?
    (In future i will be very very careful before i follow some-ones tips
    cause obviously there setup may be different from mine)

    any help please?

  2. Re: Confusion about static ip address

  3. Re: Confusion about static ip address

    >I read from a website about 'minix -tips':

    You it link look http://www.minixtips.com/2006/06/min...p-address.html
    ?

+ Reply to Thread