Process table - Minix

This is a discussion on Process table - Minix ; I need some info on the process table. Where Minix stores the information about the process status (waiting, running, blocked, etc)? Is it on the kernel process table? What mproc stores? What kind of process is stored on mproc instead ...

  1. Process table

    I need some info on the process table.
    Where Minix stores the information about the process status (waiting,
    running, blocked, etc)? Is it on the kernel process table?
    What mproc stores? What kind of process is stored on mproc instead of
    in proc?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Process table

    rosecarreiro@gmail.com escreveu:

    > I need some info on the process table.
    > Where Minix stores the information about the process status (waiting,
    > running, blocked, etc)? Is it on the kernel process table?
    > What mproc stores? What kind of process is stored on mproc instead of
    > in proc?

    I'm not sure, but I think that information is both on the kernel and in the
    process manager (which by itself is a process).

    --
    João Jerónimo

    "Computer are composed of software, hardware, and other stuff terminated
    in "ware", like firmware, tupperware, (...)" - by JJ.

  3. Re: Process table

    On Aug 30, 12:46*am, Joo Jernimo
    wrote:
    > rosecarre...@gmail.com escreveu:
    >
    > > I need some info on the process table.
    > > Where Minix stores the information about the process status (waiting,
    > > running, blocked, etc)? Is it on the kernel process table?
    > > What mproc stores? What kind of process is stored on mproc instead of
    > > in proc?

    > I'm not sure, but I think that information is both on the kernel and in the
    > process manager (which by itself is a process).
    >
    > --
    > Joo Jernimo
    >
    > "Computer are composed of software, hardware, and other stuff terminated
    > in "ware", like firmware, tupperware, (...)" - by JJ.

    have a look at the code in /usr/src/kernel and vim proc.h.

+ Reply to Thread