GRUB Loader with MINIX - Minix

This is a discussion on GRUB Loader with MINIX - Minix ; How can I add a safe version of Minix3 to the GRUB loader? I've tried several commands, c0d2p3s0 c0d2p3s1 /dev/c0d2 d0p2 hd3,0 and hd0,0 don't work properly I get an invlaid or unsupported executable format Error 13.. does anyone have ...

  1. GRUB Loader with MINIX

    How can I add a safe version of Minix3 to the GRUB loader? I've tried
    several commands, c0d2p3s0
    c0d2p3s1
    /dev/c0d2
    d0p2
    hd3,0 and hd0,0 don't work properly I get an invlaid or unsupported
    executable format Error 13.. does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. Re: GRUB Loader with MINIX

    i think grub can load dos floppy images like syslinux
    as long it knows how to read the filesystem containing it.
    or maybe use chainload like bsd/windows if its installed
    on harddrive.

  3. Re: GRUB Loader with MINIX

    noodlez@gmail.com wrote:

    > How can I add a safe version of Minix3 to the GRUB loader? I've tried
    > several commands, c0d2p3s0
    > c0d2p3s1
    > /dev/c0d2
    > d0p2
    > hd3,0 and hd0,0 don't work properly I get an invlaid or unsupported
    > executable format Error 13.. does anyone have any suggestions?

    Set it to chainload the partition where the minix disklabel is stored. For
    me it worked.

    title Minix # Title of entry
    rootnoverify (hdX,Y) # Set the current root blindly
    chainloader +1 # Chainload the device

    If you still have problems, try to add commands to logically swap the BIOS
    devices or to make that partition active. I didn't need either.
    This kind of "hacks" is usually only needed for m$-widows...

    --
    João Jerónimo

    "Computer are composed of software, hardware, and other stuff terminated
    in "ware", like firmware, tupperware, (...)" ' by JJ

+ Reply to Thread