Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly - Minix

This is a discussion on Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly - Minix ; Upon installation I receive I/O Errors on device 3/173, i can CTRL+C away from the errors and go back to the # prompt.. if I wait out the disk checking (this check procedure is for the automatic disk partition functionality) ...

  1. Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly

    Upon installation I receive I/O Errors on device 3/173, i can CTRL+C
    away from the errors and go back to the # prompt.. if I wait out the
    disk checking (this check procedure is for the automatic disk
    partition functionality)

    When I try running packman, I receive the following errors:

    /usr/tmp/packages: Read-only file system
    /usr/tmp/packages: No such file or directory
    /usr/bigsrc: Read only file system

    How can I get pacman to run?
    I want to get minix working wtih Windows X! Also how can I install
    without block errors!? Is it maybe the disk-size?

  2. Re: Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly

    On Aug 9, 4:29*am, nood...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Upon installation I receive I/O Errors on device 3/173, i can CTRL+C
    > away from the errors and go back to the # prompt.. if I wait out the
    > disk checking (this check procedure is for the automatic disk
    > partition functionality)
    >
    > When I try running packman, I receive the following errors:
    >
    > /usr/tmp/packages: Read-only file system
    > /usr/tmp/packages: No such file or directory
    > /usr/bigsrc: Read only file system
    >
    > How can I get pacman to run?
    > *I want to get minix working wtih Windows X! Also how can I install
    > without block errors!? Is it maybe the disk-size?

    What you using Minix 3.1.3?

  3. Re: Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly

    On Aug 8, 6:08*pm, Alexander Dong Back Kim
    wrote:
    > On Aug 9, 4:29*am, nood...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Upon installation I receive I/O Errors on device 3/173, i can CTRL+C
    > > away from the errors and go back to the # prompt.. if I wait out the
    > > disk checking (this check procedure is for the automatic disk
    > > partition functionality)

    > > When I try running packman, I receive the following errors:

    > > /usr/tmp/packages: Read-only file system
    > > /usr/tmp/packages: No such file or directory
    > > /usr/bigsrc: Read only file system

    > > How can I get pacman to run?
    > > *I want to get minix working wtih Windows X! Also how can I install
    > > without block errors!? Is it maybe the disk-size?

    > What you using Minix 3.1.3?

    3.1.2

  4. Re: Trying to get Minix3 to Work Properly

    On Aug 8, 9:52*pm, nood...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 8, 6:08*pm, Alexander Dong Back Kim
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On Aug 9, 4:29*am, nood...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Upon installation I receive I/O Errors on device 3/173, i can CTRL+C
    > > > away from the errors and go back to the # prompt.. if I wait out the
    > > > disk checking (this check procedure is for the automatic disk
    > > > partition functionality)

    > > > When I try running packman, I receive the following errors:

    > > > /usr/tmp/packages: Read-only file system
    > > > /usr/tmp/packages: No such file or directory
    > > > /usr/bigsrc: Read only file system

    > > > How can I get pacman to run?
    > > > *I want to get minix working wtih Windows X! Also how can I install
    > > > without block errors!? Is it maybe the disk-size?

    > > What you using Minix 3.1.3?

    Hey, I got packman working and I install X Windows.. Now i'm trying to
    get EDE to run, the Enlightenment Desktop Environment.. and I can't
    figure out which trigger to use once I install it.. startede returns
    this error..

    startede: not found

+ Reply to Thread