Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu - Minix

This is a discussion on Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu - Minix ; Hello, I'm trying to run the MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu installed on my Ubuntu 8.04. However, the boot freezes just after load the init, even using the -no-kqemu flag. The version 3.1.0 worked correctly, however I need a version with ...

  1. Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu

    Hello,

    I'm trying to run the MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu installed on my Ubuntu
    8.04. However, the boot freezes just after load the init, even using
    the -no-kqemu flag.
    The version 3.1.0 worked correctly, however I need a version with
    support to X11, packman and other applications.

    Does anyone know how I may fix this?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu

    On Aug 8, 1:36*am, EVěLUTER wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to run the MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu installed on my Ubuntu
    > 8.04. However, the boot freezes just after load the init, even using
    > the -no-kqemu flag.
    > The version 3.1.0 worked correctly, however I need a version with
    > support to X11, packman and other applications.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I may fix this?
    >
    > Thank you.

    This thread might help:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....47f60b1d86061#

  3. Re: Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu

    On Aug 7, 11:14*pm, Jeenu wrote:
    > On Aug 8, 1:36*am, EVěLUTER wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I'm trying to run the MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu installed on my Ubuntu
    > > 8.04. However, the boot freezes just after load the init, even using
    > > the -no-kqemu flag.
    > > The version 3.1.0 worked correctly, however I need a version with
    > > support to X11, packman and other applications.

    > > Does anyone know how I may fix this?

    > > Thank you.

    > This thread might help:http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ead/thread/6c4...

    Jeenu,

    The problem is that I must use the QEmu because I've to emulate a
    SPARC processor over my Ubuntu x86. Unfortunately VMWare doesn't
    support it.
    Do you know any other simple and well documented operating system?

    Thank you.

  4. Re: Running MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu

    There are other emulators available, even though I've never tried them
    myself -- bochs, virtualbox et. al. You could give it a try.

    Thanks
    Jeenu

    EV├śLUTER wrote:
    > On Aug 7, 11:14´┐Żpm, Jeenu wrote:
    > > On Aug 8, 1:36´┐Żam, EV´┐ŻLUTER wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello,

    > > > I'm trying to run the MINIX 3.1.2a under QEmu installed on my Ubuntu
    > > > 8.04. However, the boot freezes just after load the init, even using
    > > > the -no-kqemu flag.
    > > > The version 3.1.0 worked correctly, however I need a version with
    > > > support to X11, packman and other applications.

    > > > Does anyone know how I may fix this?

    > > > Thank you.

    > > This thread might help:http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ead/thread/6c4...

    > Jeenu,
    >
    > The problem is that I must use the QEmu because I've to emulate a
    > SPARC processor over my Ubuntu x86. Unfortunately VMWare doesn't
    > support it.
    > Do you know any other simple and well documented operating system?
    >
    > Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread