Networking not working: Panic in PCI: pci_init1: _pm_findproc failed - Minix

This is a discussion on Networking not working: Panic in PCI: pci_init1: _pm_findproc failed - Minix ; I'm running Minix under VMWare right now, to study it. However, I can't seem to get networking started. Everything else in Minix seems to work, but I admit I haven't really tried anything except getting networking started. I've tried the ...

  1. Networking not working: Panic in PCI: pci_init1: _pm_findproc failed

    I'm running Minix under VMWare right now, to study it. However, I
    can't seem to get networking started.
    Everything else in Minix seems to work, but I admit I haven't really
    tried anything except getting networking started.
    I've tried the VMWare image download from minix.org, as well as
    creating a new image and installing from the 3.1.2a CD (and selecting
    the AMD Lance network card which VMWare emulates I believe).

    On bootup I just get an error stating no IP address was found, but
    when I try to run "hostaddr -e" to see my MAC address I get:
    Panic in PIC: pci_init1: _pm_findproc failed for 'pci': -1
    SYSTEM, reply to 71110 failed: -109
    eth_set_rec_conf: sendrec to 71110 failed: -108

    The 71110 changes with each boot, as you'd expect, but the rest is ok.
    What is also interesting is very occasionally, I will still get a MAC
    address, but not very often, and after a few attempts I'll get an
    eth_restart call.

    Any ideas on what I could look for to find out what is going on? I'm
    pretty sure the VMWare "vmnet0" configuration is correct, as it works
    when I run Vista under VMWare, but could it be because "vmnet0" is
    actually bridged with a wifi network connection?

  2. Re: Networking not working: Panic in PCI: pci_init1: _pm_findproc

    On Jul 31, 12:49*am, anenigma wrote:
    > Any ideas on what I could look for to find out what is going on? *I'm
    > pretty sure the VMWare "vmnet0" configuration is correct, as it works
    > when I run Vista under VMWare, but could it be because "vmnet0" is
    > actually bridged with a wifi network connection?

    Use NAT instead. It works for me.

  3. Re: Networking not working: Panic in PCI: pci_init1: _pm_findproc

    On Jul 30, 3:49*pm, anenigma wrote:
    > I'm running Minix under VMWare right now, to study it. *However, I
    > can't seem to get networking started.
    > Everything else in Minix seems to work, but I admit I haven't really
    > tried anything except getting networking started.
    > I've tried the VMWare image download from minix.org, as well as
    > creating a new image and installing from the 3.1.2a CD (and selecting
    > the AMD Lance network card which VMWare emulates I believe).
    >
    > On bootup I just get an error stating no IP address was found, but
    > when I try to run "hostaddr -e" to see my MAC address I get:
    > Panic in PIC: pci_init1: _pm_findproc failed for 'pci': -1
    > SYSTEM, reply to 71110 failed: -109
    > eth_set_rec_conf: sendrec to 71110 failed: -108
    >
    > The 71110 changes with each boot, as you'd expect, but the rest is ok.
    > What is also interesting is very occasionally, I will still get a MAC
    > address, but not very often, and after a few attempts I'll get an
    > eth_restart call.
    >
    > Any ideas on what I could look for to find out what is going on? *I'm
    > pretty sure the VMWare "vmnet0" configuration is correct, as it works
    > when I run Vista under VMWare, but could it be because "vmnet0" is
    > actually bridged with a wifi network connection?

    Had a similar problem. Try using NAT as Rafa suggested. This also
    worked for me.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)
    http://www.myspace.com/jamestsprinkle

+ Reply to Thread