Making packages question - Minix

This is a discussion on Making packages question - Minix ; good afternoon, Some quick questions. to which directory should I download source packages? I have tried to tar xvf tar.bz2 tarballs with tar xvf "tarball", but am getting header errors what is the correct way to untar bz2 files with ...

  1. Making packages question

    good afternoon,
    Some quick questions.
    to which directory should I download source packages?
    I have tried to tar xvf tar.bz2 tarballs with tar xvf "tarball", but
    am getting header errors what is the correct way to untar bz2 files
    with tar?
    After untarring a tarball what directory should I put the source code
    in?
    any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    dave

  2. Re: Making packages question

    Nevermind downloaded with wget in /usr/home/"myname" directory then
    proceeded with bunzip2 and then tar xvf filename.

  3. Re: Making packages question

    On Jul 26, 1:23 pm, dsiem...@fullchannel.net wrote:
    > Nevermind downloaded with wget in /usr/home/"myname" directory then
    > proceeded with bunzip2 and then tar xvf filename.

    Just for your information, the switch to use is -j. So

    tar xvjf file.tar.bz2

    would have worked.

+ Reply to Thread