Installation problem - Minix

This is a discussion on Installation problem - Minix ; Earlier today I was trying to set up an old computer to keep at school so I can work on my Minix project there and I ran into an issue. I've searched the net and this group in particular and ...

  1. Installation problem

    Earlier today I was trying to set up an old computer to keep at school
    so I can work on my Minix project there and I ran into an issue. I've
    searched the net and this group in particular and while I have found a
    few other reports of people having this problem I have not found any
    solutions yet. The last related post I found was well over a year old
    so I'm hoping maybe someone has encountered this and figured it out
    since then. When trying to boot Minix from the live cd everything
    appears to be going smoothly and then I get something like this:

    Looking for boot CD. This may take a minute.
    Please ignore any error messages.

    AT-D2: controller not ready
    AT-D2: controller not ready
    AT-D2: reset failed, drive busy
    AT-D3: controller not ready
    AT-D3: controller not ready
    AT-D3: reset failed, drive busy
    FS panic (main.c): Cannot open RAM image device

    The crazy things is that the very first time I tried it everything
    worked fine. I should have went ahead and installed it then but I was
    only checking to see if the optical drive in this old computer was
    working at the time, and when I came back a couple of hours later to
    try and do the actual installation I just kept getting the above
    errors. Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

    -WS

  2. Re: Installation problem

    On 26 Juli, 06:03, WSh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Earlier today I was trying to set up an old computer to keep at school
    > so I can work on my Minix project there and I ran into an issue. *I've
    > searched the net and this group in particular and while I have found a
    > few other reports of people having this problem I have not found any
    > solutions yet. *The last related post I found was well over a year old
    > so I'm hoping maybe someone has encountered this and figured it out
    > since then. *When trying to boot Minix from *the live cd everything
    > appears to be going smoothly and then I get something like this:
    >
    > Looking for boot CD. *This may take a minute.
    > Please ignore any error messages.
    >
    > AT-D2: controller not ready
    > AT-D2: controller not ready
    > AT-D2: reset failed, drive busy
    > AT-D3: controller not ready
    > AT-D3: controller not ready
    > AT-D3: reset failed, drive busy
    > FS panic (main.c): Cannot open RAM image device
    >
    > The crazy things is that the very first time I tried it everything
    > worked fine. *I should have went ahead and installed it then but I was
    > only checking to see if the optical drive in this old computer was
    > working at the time, and when I came back a couple of hours later to
    > try and do the actual installation I just kept getting the above
    > errors. *Any ideas as to what might be the problem?
    >
    > -WS

    I have the same problem but have not found the solution...
    regards
    Jorge

    argos3@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread