How to copy file from cd-rom to local disk? - Minix

This is a discussion on How to copy file from cd-rom to local disk? - Minix ; Hi all, This is my first time to touch the minix, and I don't know how to copy the file from the cd-rom to local disk. I installed the minix in the VMWare. Some one told me to use the ...

  1. How to copy file from cd-rom to local disk?

    Hi all,

    This is my first time to touch the minix, and I don't know how to copy
    the file from the cd-rom to local disk. I installed the minix in the
    VMWare. Some one told me to use the mount command, but I do not know
    the details, does anybody help me?

    Thanks,
    Terrence.

  2. Re: How to copy file from cd-rom to local disk?

    > This is my first time to touch the minix, and I don't know how to copy
    > the file from the cd-rom to local disk. I installed the minix in the
    > VMWare. Some one told me to use the mount command, but I do not know
    > the details, does anybody help me?

    What kind of CD is it? If it has a Minix file system (which is
    generally only the case for the Minix install CD) you can use mount, if
    it has an ISO file system (which is the case for most CDs) you need to
    use isoread.

    You can use "man mount" or "man isoread" (omit the quotes) for
    instructions on how to use these commands.

    To use these commands you'll need to determine what the device name is
    for your CD-ROM. This depends on your hardware configuration; probable
    names are /dev/c#d#, where the first # is most likely 0 or 1 and the
    second # is between 0 and 3. Just try them to find out which one is
    correct. /dev/c0d0 is probably your hard disk, so you may skip this one.

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: How to copy file from cd-rom to local disk?

    Thanks for your reply, and I will try that.

+ Reply to Thread