Minix - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix - Minix ; I'm sorry to say this but Minix is way too old now. It's feel like 80's. Wake up people!!! Where is the passion on operating systems? sigh*...

  1. Minix

    I'm sorry to say this but Minix is way too old now. It's feel like
    80's. Wake up people!!!
    Where is the passion on operating systems?

    sigh*

  2. Re: Minix

    On Jul 11, 6:53*am, Alexander Dong Back Kim
    wrote:
    > I'm sorry to say this but Minix is way too old now. It's feel like
    > 80's. Wake up people!!!
    > Where is the passion on operating systems?
    >
    > sigh*

    Oh, the passion is still there. Quite an ignorant statement you made
    there, were you even alive in the 80's? If there is something lacking
    in Minix 3 that you would like to see, you are more than welcome to
    port it over or request it on the newsgroup. Many of us have done
    ports of software to Minix3 and this is what you see when you use
    packman and see "100 packages" (previous post). Several years ago,
    that list was much, much shorter. If we saw something lacking or
    there was a tool we wanted, we ported it. Of course, there are many
    packages out there to port, some more useful than others... And as
    far as scp (previous post), you could always use ftp to transfer the
    files. If you want BSD or LINUX, then use them. If you want a
    challenge...well then...stick around... Just don't complain that an
    educational OS doesn't do everything you want it to. Feel free to
    contact me directly if you like outside the newsgroup.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)
    http://www.myspace.com/jamestsprinkle

  3. Re: Minix

    On Jul 12, 4:39*am, The-G...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 11, 6:53*am, Alexander Dong Back Kim
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I'm sorry to say this but Minix is way too old now. It's feel like
    > > 80's. Wake up people!!!
    > > Where is the passion on operating systems?

    > > sigh*

    > Oh, the passion is still there. *Quite an ignorant statement you made
    > there, were you even alive in the 80's? *If there is something lacking
    > in Minix 3 that you would like to see, you are more than welcome to
    > port it over or request it on the newsgroup. *Many of us have done
    > ports of software to Minix3 and this is what you see when you use
    > packman and see "100 packages" (previous post). *Several years ago,
    > that list was much, much shorter. *If we saw something lacking or
    > there was a tool we wanted, we ported it. *Of course, there are many
    > packages out there to port, some more useful than others... *And as
    > far as scp (previous post), you could always use ftp to transfer the
    > files. *If you want BSD or LINUX, then use them. *If you want a
    > challenge...well then...stick around... *Just don't complain that an
    > educational OS doesn't do everything you want it to. *Feel free to
    > contact me directly if you like outside the newsgroup.
    >
    > James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)http://www.myspace.com/jamestsprinkle

    Hi James and Erik,

    First of all, I must apologize about my previous rude comments. It
    seems I was so stressed out since I didn't sleep whole night for
    finding out the ways of Minix. SCP problem could be solved by using
    you and Erik's suggestion which is "FTP". I can see some people are
    still in love with Minix =)

    p.s. I was alive in 80's.

    regards,
    AK