Has the SCP problem solved yet? - Minix

This is a discussion on Has the SCP problem solved yet? - Minix ; I installed 3.1.2a on VMware and I'm surprised the SCP problem is still there!!! argh! I remember I could get out of this problem by using some way but I'm sure it wasn't using 3.1.3 "interim" version! I remember it ...

  1. Has the SCP problem solved yet?

    I installed 3.1.2a on VMware and I'm surprised the SCP problem is
    still there!!! argh!
    I remember I could get out of this problem by using some way but I'm
    sure it wasn't using 3.1.3 "interim" version! I remember it was
    something like using remote partition mounting or something.

    By the way, is there any simple, quick and clean way to send files to
    Minix??? I can't even send my .vimrc file!!! argh!!

  2. Re: Has the SCP problem solved yet?

    > I installed 3.1.2a on VMware and I'm surprised the SCP problem is
    > still there!!! argh!
    > I remember I could get out of this problem by using some way but I'm
    > sure it wasn't using 3.1.3 "interim" version! I remember it was
    > something like using remote partition mounting or something.
    >
    > By the way, is there any simple, quick and clean way to send files to
    > Minix??? I can't even send my .vimrc file!!! argh!!

    I never needed or tried scp on Minix. Plain old FTP does the job very
    well. Just create /etc/rc.daemons with the proper line to start the FTP
    server and reboot (see /etc/rc.daemons.dist for an example).

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: Has the SCP problem solved yet?

    On Jul 12, 4:17*am, "Erik van der Kouwe" few.vu.nl>
    wrote:
    > > I installed 3.1.2a on VMware and I'm surprised the SCP problem is
    > > still there!!! argh!
    > > I remember I could get out of this problem by using some way but I'm
    > > sure it wasn't using 3.1.3 "interim" version! I remember it was
    > > something like using remote partition mounting or something.

    > > By the way, is there any simple, quick and clean way to send files to
    > > Minix??? I can't even send my .vimrc file!!! argh!!

    > I never needed or tried scp on Minix. Plain old FTP does the job very
    > well. Just create /etc/rc.daemons with the proper line to start the FTP
    > server and reboot (see /etc/rc.daemons.dist for an example).
    >
    > --
    > With kind regards,
    > Erik van der Kouwe

    Sweet!! FTP works really well!!! hew~ now I can upload things to Minix
    and test them =)

    cheers,
    AK

+ Reply to Thread