malloc : just to be sure - Minix

This is a discussion on malloc : just to be sure - Minix ; hi all! i've got some wired memory problem. malloc'ed data changes and i can't figure out why. so just to be sure and not waste more hours on this: can i use malloc in a driver like in a normal ...

  1. malloc : just to be sure

    hi all!

    i've got some wired memory problem.
    malloc'ed data changes and i can't figure out why.

    so just to be sure and not waste more hours on this:

    can i use malloc in a driver like in a normal user-process?

    thx.
    markus.

  2. Re: malloc : just to be sure

    > i've got some wired memory problem.
    > malloc'ed data changes and i can't figure out why.
    >
    > so just to be sure and not waste more hours on this:
    >
    > can i use malloc in a driver like in a normal user-process?

    I do not know the answer for sure (although my guess is: it should not
    be a problem, only standard input and output seem to be issues with
    drivers), but I notice that you are posting using Google Groups. Many
    people here seem to filter out posts originating from Google due to
    spam. If you want to be sure your message is read, consider re-posting
    using an NNTP client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird.

    --
    With kind regards,
    Erik van der Kouwe

  3. Re: malloc : just to be sure

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Erik van der Kouwe wrote:

    >> i've got some wired memory problem.
    >> malloc'ed data changes and i can't figure out why.
    >>
    >> so just to be sure and not waste more hours on this:
    >>
    >> can i use malloc in a driver like in a normal user-process?

    > I do not know the answer for sure (although my guess is: it should not
    > be a problem, only standard input and output seem to be issues with
    > drivers), but I notice that you are posting using Google Groups. Many
    > people here seem to filter out posts originating from Google due to
    > spam. If you want to be sure your message is read, consider re-posting
    > using an NNTP client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >
    > --
    > With kind regards,
    > Erik van der Kouwe

    I fixed my "memory problem" and it was such a stupid mistake from me, that
    I don't like to mention it (typical c thingy: one wrong malloc produces
    errors at a complete different place)

    Thanks for the hint about Google Groups. Now I try it with alpine and my
    provider's nntp server.

    regards.
    markus.

+ Reply to Thread