Dear all,

Allow me to present a small library, which might be useful to those of
you doing MINIX3 development work in a VMware virtual machine. This
library lets you output your own debugging information from anywhere
within MINIX3 (including kernel and system servers), into files on the
host system, using VMware shared folders. It is similar to using a
serial port for the same purpose, but in my opinion a little more
convenient. It certainly beats printf!

If you're interested, check out libvmlog:

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dcvmoole/minix/libvmlog.tar.bz2

Please see the included README.txt for hints on compilation,
installation, and usage.

It has served me well so far - perhaps it is useful to some of you as well.

Regards,
David